Every charity has its own guidelines for what kinds of used clothing and household goods they will pickup as donations.
Please use the directory of charities to obtain a complete list of acceptable donations for a specific charity.
Here is a list of donated items that charities will typically pick up:
- Donate Clothes—Clothing in all sizes and styles for women, men, and children
- Donate Clothing accessories – purses, belts, ties, wallets
- Donate Dresses – wedding dress, prom dress, formalwear
- Donate Bedding, curtains, drapes, linens
- Donate Household items—small appliances, blenders, toasters, dishes, glassware, housewares, and home décor
- Donate Books—hardbacks, paperbacks, textbooks
- Donate Electronics– CD players, DVD players, radios, VCRs, iPods, cameras
- Donate Toys– skates, games, bikes
- Donate Jewelry & watches
- Donate Antiques & collectibles
- Donate Records, tapes, CD’s & DVD’s
- Donate Sports equipment
- Donate Shoes
- Donate Office supplies
- Donate Furniture—small chairs, nightstands, end tables, small bookshelves, small rugs
- Donate Cars – autos, trucks, RVs, motorcycle, trailers, boats
Donations that may or may not be accepted:
- Donate Computer equipment—computers, CPU’s, monitors, printers, towers, PCs
- Donate Large Furniture – couch, sectionals, dining room tables, desks
- Donate Stuffed Animals
- Donate Building materials
- Donate Baby items
- Donate Exercise equipment—stationary bikes, treadmills, universal sets, weights
- Donate Large appliances—washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves
- Donate TV’s—televisions, including big screen or console type
Donations NOT accepted by many charities in our directory:
THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO ALL OF THESE GUIDELINES!
Every Charity is Different! If you have specific questions about an item you want to donate, please use the directory to contact the charity.